Wednesday, January 28, 2015

January 2015 - just made it.


I have spent the Summer holidays making a quilt that I've had the pattern for, for a long time. Pumpkins and Turkeys by Jan Patek. Just one of those patterns that hangs around in the bundle of 'one day', you know what I mean.

 
The next job was to make 9 blocks for a Swap that is happening later in the year and 1 small Spring quilt for another Swap I've entered, due in April ,and I can't even show them to you. Later!
The next one on the list is a wallhanging for my new Grandson and here is one block for you to see. The quilt is full of Australian animals and this is the Desert Lizard. I used my reproduction fabrics for all of them and they have worked out wonderfully. I've spent the last week and a half sitting at the sewing machine making the 12 blocks and [ watching the tennis] I'm now at the stage of sewing it together, so it shouldn't be too long before I can reveal all.

 
 
By the way Happy New Year.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

Joy V said...

Love the lizard. Should be a great quilt.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Great work on both the Jan Patek design quilt and the lizzard. Looks like another one of your very nice projects and I am really looking forward to see all the work that is being hidden at the moment.
I am also workin on a Jan Patek design, Flags of the American Revolution, only two more blocks to go.
Oh, our girls had to give up yesterday at the womens double, so sad for us over here in Germany.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Karen said...

Such a cute lizard. Perfect for a young boy.

WoolenSails said...

The quilt came out beautifully and I love the new block, can't wait to see more, looks fun.

Debbie

Chantal said...

Love your Pumpkin and Turkeys quilt. The splash of colours and the blocks of different sizes make it so interesting. ♥ it! Cute lizard brought a smile to my face. Thanks for sharing.

Every Stitch said...

Lovely finish Dorothy - I love the hsts with the dark and light contrast, and the touches of lime! Your grandson is going to love that lizard!

Lori said...

What a fun turkey quilt and a seriously great lizard!

Karen said...

I am curious. Do you have wild turkeys where you live? And is the quilt in the header picturea design by Cheri?