Monday, November 17, 2014

Wool

At sewing on Friday I was sitting next to Sue and she was sewing a Felted Wool pattern and I came home thinking about the wool pattern I had bought recently from the Buggy Barn.
I wanted a table topper and not a wall hanging so over the weekend I popped round to 'Officeworks' and had the pattern reduced in size. Home again, I put the pattern in the printer to make a copy for cutting out, giving me all the pieces of the pattern ready for attaching to my wool.
The next job was a search through my container of felted wools to find the right colours. I then stapled the paper pattern to the wool and cut them out.
Saturday night I removed the pattern and attached the pieces to the background. Now that all the preparation is finished I can sit, sew and enjoy. The watermelon and the pear I cut out of velvet, the rest, including the background, are felted wool.
The pattern is Bowl of Plenty by Maggie Bonanomi.




 
 
 

9 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That pattern with your wool is going to make a beautiful table runner. I like using patterns I have, in different ways.

Debbie

Linda said...

Very pretty, Dorothy!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love your wool project!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Dorothy,
this looks very nice, bet it will make a wonderful tablerunner.
Greetings,
Sylvia

David said...

This is beautiful!

Karen said...

This is going to be a nice piece. The watermelon color is very pretty. Does the velvet fray? I have not worked with velvet in years.

pandchintz said...

This will be lovely Dorothy! Enjoy.

Dawn said...

Love the velvet with the wool. Nice texture.

Lori said...

I love it Dorothy!