Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Washing

With the weather being so hot yesterday, I decided to wash a couple of my quilts. I never treat them as if they are 'precious',  I just put them in the washing machine on a Woollen setting, with cold water, some Wool Mix and 3 or 4  Colour Catchers. These pieces of paper work their magic and catch any colour that runs especially if there is red fabric in the quilt. My Antique Sampler hadn't had it's wash when I finished making it so it still had it's Rosanne glue and chalk markings on the quilt.  Hanging it outside in the warmth with a good breeze blowing it took 20mins to dry.
The reds are red and the whites are white.......


 
 
........... I can't say the same for the Colour Catchers.

 
 
 
 

10 comments:

Susan said...

What a wonderful quilt. So glad it washed ok for you.

Janet said...

I love that quilt! You wash exactly like me except I dry flat on the floor. I did a happy dance when we were able to get dye catchers, they're such a wonderful product.

WoolenSails said...

That is a gorgeous quilt and love the designs on it. I have never used color catchers, but should try them since I used dyed red wools.

Debbie

Heather said...

I love that quilt. I even have the kit to make it, another on my to do list. I am simply terrified to wash my quilts. Thanks for giving me a bit more confidence!

Every Stitch said...

Well done with the washing! It is always a relief when they come out of the machine and all the glue and markings are gone. Such a pretty quilt!
Hilda

Vivian said...

You brave, smart lady with your washing of the quilt. You prepared for the worst, and now the washing is done and the marks and glue are gone. And doesn't your quilt look lovely? Those Color Catchers are a wonderful invention.

audrey said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! Those color catchers certainly look like they did their job wonderfully.:)

Kim said...

How beautiful! And nice to see when we are complete frozen in and can't get out on the roads here!

Love quilt :0) Happy Sewing

Lori said...

Gotta love the color catchers!

Judith said...

although we're not having any HOT weather in The Netherlands, we do have some sun this winter. I would like to say that I could do your laundry too!