Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sewing and reading

This is the 2nd block for Lori's  Humble Quilts  quilt. There is always a lot of fabric cutting  to be done with each block, so I spent quite a few hours this week just cutting out squares in two different sizes.
 
 
This I'm sure will make a difference to the time spent on each block. The bundles of colours are mixed so that I have a large variety to pick from and the shirtings are all the small pieces I have had left over.  The containers I bought at the Supermarket and are a wonderful size for the job they are doing.
 

 
 
Something different! At Somerset on Friday, Karen gave  us a challenge to make the following. She had got them at Market and brought them back for us. They came in a little package with the instructions and a bundle of fabrics.  I haven't done any Foundation piecing for a long time and it was thoroughly enjoyable, to sit yesterday afternoon and make these 'Cupcakes'. I just need to put the borders on and finish them off.
 
 

 
 
 
 


6 comments:

julieQ said...

What pretty little squares! Those will make a fun, fun project!!

WoolenSails said...

I like using the plastic containers for projects, nice way to hold them, take them with you and keep extra supplies too.

Debbie

Lori said...

I recognized the block right away! I love it Dorothy! Love how organized you are.
The cupcake blocks are adorable.

Pat said...

Great projects Dorothy. Love your fabric choices for Lori's quilt.

Every Stitch said...

Great organisation with the plastic boxes - look so yummy laid out like that too! Your block is gorgeous. Foundation piecing is enjoyable isn't it - especially when it works out so precisely in these cute cupcakes!
Hilda

Lida said...

How beautiful to see the second block and then those boxes full of squares! The little cupcakes blocks are really fun! Enjoy!
Hugs
Lida